Thursday, June 9, 2011

Veggie Garden!

For years I've been wanting to plant a vegetable garden at home. Since I had been living in dorm rooms & a town house I haven't been able to. My last roommate had a crazy green thumb and got me into planting some things and now that I recently moved back home I finally decided that I'm going to do it.

I planted squash, green onions, lettuce, beans, carrots and I got a cucumber plant, chocolate bell pepper (yes. Chocolate. It apparently just looks like chocolate but tastes normal) and a black tomato plant.


full garden

(you can click the picture to see it larger)


My squash and cucumbers are growing like crazy! I love it!


This is the biggest one


my cucumber plant is taking over the world! ...or at least our back patio. ha.



I don't think I've actually ever eaten squash so my first taste of it will be my very own. Two of them need to grow about 2 more inches and then they will be ready to harvest. I've already been pulling some lettuce and throwing it in my salads. I'm excited to have some cucumbers. I've been wanting to make some pickles (just to say that I have done it. ha).

-Sara

No comments: